Monday, January 17, 2011

Aggravated with myself...

Well, due to an extremely lazy Sunday morning that turned into very busy evening taking my son to theater auditions, my sprouts went more than 24 hours without being rinsed.  All three batches sprouted mold and had to be thrown out.  Such a waste.  It literally takes less than five minutes to attend to them twice a day.  And I was going to harvest them all today too.

  • 1/4 cup of black eyed peas.  I think these went a few days too long anyway and I'm fairly convinced that the Easy Sprout is not the best means of sprouting beans if you want the shoots longer than inch.  Time to place an order to Handy Pantry for a Sprout Garden.
  • 2 Tablespoons of Mother's Mix.  I'm bummed about this because these were destined to the first batch of bird's nests that I've heard such good things about on the SproutPeople Yahoo Group.
  • 1/4 cup of lentils.  This was the first time I've done lintels and I was shocked at how much it produced.  1/4 cup had filled the Easy Sprout at the end.  I'm definitely going to get another batch of these going ASAP.


Black eyed peas, lentils, and mother's mix

1/4 cup of lentils after 5 days of sprouting

No comments:

Post a Comment